Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 8, 2009

Swimming like a rock...

Second Master's Practice tonight. Felt a bit like a rock swimming. Left shoulder was a bit achy, turnover slow, just kind of felt slow all around but I suppose that's a good thing. Still turning in decent times, stroke still needs some tweaking. I'm loping a bit - extending more on my right side. Still a bit weak on the full rotation, trying to work in some conscious effort towards that during WU/CD and anything easy. Need to fully extend left arm all the way again and work on "over the barrel" catch. Also have something funky going on with breathing, think I'm gasping a bit - or have an overabundance of snot....also remembered how much I hate kicking....but that's another story. Weaknesses are such for a reason....

Workout was really odd - another fairly low distance day with much time spent sprinting. That's annoying, as this time of year I think "base building"....but I guess my swimming base is somewhat intact and I keep being reminded of the larger plan. I'm just going to go with the flow. Any swimming done on my own can be long and boring.....

1x300 on 5:00 - Moderate (warm-up was supposed to be earlier....but this was my WU)
4x50 on :50 - Fast
4x50 on :45 - Faster (Still plenty of time on the intervals, turnover felt really slow)
4x50 on :40 - Fastest (3 - 5 sec. rest. Solid effort. Dying whale)
1x50 on 2:00 - Recovery
4x225
  • 50 K on 1:10,
  • 50 K on 1:10 - first 15yd Underwater,
  • 2x25 on :40 6-beat drill,
  • 3x25 on :40 - Desc. 1-2, 3 EZ

4x50 on :45 - Desc. 1-4
2x100 on 1:30 - Sprint
2x50 on 1:00 - Sprint Faster
1x100 Warm Down
2750 yds. Total

No comments:

Post a Comment