Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 21, 2009

Running with Fever...

So if I were to say "tempo run, sore throat, extremely low-grade fever," to you, what would you say in return?

My guess would be it'd include things like, "Day off, stupid, no tempo, easy, fluids, sleep," and other words like that....your response would most likely not include "fast, steady," or anything else regarding me actually doing the workout. But workout I did.

I know it was stupid, give it up now. I cut .5 off of the workout, went fairly easy and didn't feel bad. I got a little warm and my HR was a bit high at the end of the intervals, but dropped like a rock, which is a good sign. Was normalized within 5 minutes of walking.

WU - 1 mile (couple minutes walking, rest @5.5mph pace)
Tempo - 1600M @ 6.5mph, .5mi jog b/w
CD - 1 mile, walk last .3mi (continue walking another minute or two)
Total: 50:00, 4.55mi.

Felt pretty good while running, nothing too intense. Second interval, last .5 was a bit warm and breathing heavy, but still well within range. Cool-down felt good and no pain while running. Left PF sore afterwards - ice bottle @ house. Fluids and going to bed ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment