Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 16, 2009

Too damn cold to be cold....

My garage door forgot how to be a garage door this morning - Noah woke me up from a DEAD sleep and a GOOD dream at 7:50a (what the hell was I still doing asleep???) to try to figure it out....I stumbled out into the freezing garage in my bathrobe, and bunny slippers, hit the button a few times, couldn't figure it out and told him to leave - I would put contacts in, figure out which way was up and figure it out when I left....damn thing.

Took 20 minutes for me to figure out how to push the button and hold it down...it's friggin cold enough that the electrical connection doesn't know how to work, or something like that. The garage door opener is pissed at the world - it basically yells "F YOU" when I hit the button w/o holding it down while cussing and glaring....I think that makes the garage door opener WAY smarter than any of the rest of us.....it knows it doesn't want to open or go anywhere in the cold.

The high is supposed to be 7....it was -10 when I left. Supposed to be 30 tomorrow...that's a 40 degree swing, and STILL below freezing. Mom said yesterday this time of year she questions the sanity of anyone above the Mason-Dixon. I have to agree with her today....maybe they would let me just "telecommute" from about mid-December through early March...from ALABAMA. Whaddaya think Big Daddy Aon??

Best: Nothing yet.
Worst: Cold. F-ing Cold. Really f-ing darn cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment