Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 15, 2009

Pounding the Pool

Freezing cold outside - semi-sluggish in pool. Shoulder achy towards end. Hot during 30min swim.

200 WU
12x50 on 1:00 (Odd K/S, Even D/S)
30 min. Sw (2150 yds)
200 CD

Sharing a lane w/Noah. Side-by-side during one of the 50's, happened to be breathing towards each other. Ab-so-freaking-lutely hilarious. I'm sure I look totally ridiculous when I breathe, but it's been so long since I've spied someone else while breathing that it took me almost 2 50's to calm down and not sputter, cough, laugh and try to keep swimming. Noah looks a bit like he's screaming bloody murder and flailing like a fish...just a snapshot visual....Hi.Lar.I.Ous. Poor guy.

I will say, on another positive note for Noah, that his swimming is night and day from where it was. He covered 1950yds during that 30min swim. That's about a 200yd gain over a 30min he did by himself about a month or so ago. The continual improvement in his confidence, abilities, mechanics and feel for the water is impressive. He may dog himself but he will be something to be reckoned with this summer. Just a bit more open water practice (and maybe some flip turns in the pool) and I may convince him to do a meet.....he'll be unstoppable. Now if only my running progressed in the same manner.....

Best: Watching friends succeed and improve.
Worst: Cold Pools

No comments:

Post a Comment