Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 18, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Very pretty prayer service for Gfell on Saturday afternoon. Beautiful doves released at end. (Note to self: do a search at some point on how they do that) Touching words by his father, wonderful show of solidarity, brotherhood and support from many Chi Phis. Good to see people I haven't seen in a long time and reconnect and share memories and thoughts. Having people together that don't understand helps everyone feel a bit better.

I think the concensus is to keep the two Kevins separate. The one we all knew, loved and will miss, and the one that we're mad at, don't undersatnd and don't like. I'm ok with that. Ben summed it up very well to me: "I don't enjoy doing pointless things. This feels very, very pointless to me." None of us had to be there. But all of us had to be there. The love was impressive, the goodbye sad and final. He will be missed by many, but it helps us all to know that we are not alone.

The lesson Kevin taught us all: don't let go, don't lose touch, don't be afraid and don't be alone.

Best: the comfort of the living, Dan's arm to keep me from falling, being totally cool with taco bell at 2a and Blue Moon on an icy night.
Worst: Saying Goodbye too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment