Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

February 12, 2009

Tuesday's Swim (Thursday's typing)

Ladder - s/k. Hypox & Anaerobic. Solid splits.

400 WU
1x100/1:30-even pace
4x25/1:00-S,no breath
1x200/3:00-even pace
4x25/1:00-K u/w
1x300/4:30-even pace
4x25/1:00-s,0 breath
1x400/6:30-even
4x25/1:00-K u/w
1x400/6:30-neg split
4x25/1:00-s,0 breath
1x300/4:30-neg split
4x25/1:00-K u/w
1x200/3:00-neg split
4x25/1:00-S, 0 breath
1x100/1:30-neg split (1:13)
400 WD

3 mile run after w/Nila. Slow & easy.

Shorter than normal dist. day. Need to shorten turnover on 25. Worst cramp ever in calf during WD. Swimming felt solid form-wise, though some pain in the right elbow and left wrist during the first half was a bit odd. Will have to keep an eye on the elbow to see if I'm doing something weird during catch. Was turning fairly quick times, though, and feeling solid. Tired at the end but pushed out a GREAT last 100 - first 50 was mediocre to say the least, I was really counting on the negative split. To come in and see that it was a 1:13 at the end of a tough workout is something I can dig.

I've been thinking a lot about hearing someone say "Is there any way this will help us?" about the 25's with no breath at some point. Then the next day being told that the workout we did was the exact same as ISF's. I put faith (from time-to-time) that our workouts are logical and will be doing good. Noah is getting closer and closer and I'm pretty sure he could put the hurt on me in a LCY pool or anything under about 300 yds. He gets flipturns - I'm done. Our little group is pounding out much quicker shorter yardage, but I worry that we're not getting enough of the long stuff in. I know the shorter distances done fast do transfer to longer distances when we're swimming 3500 - 4k/practice. But we'll just say my jury is still out. I very much enjoy not having to think about it though, someone else telling me what to do in the pool is nice. There's a flipturn clinic tonight, it should be entertaining if I can keep Nila/Noah/Tanya in the pool for it.

I was well-rested for this workout though, since I hadn't worked out in about 4 days. Mental break from all the shit. Still struggling a bit from time-to-time with the relationship (or lack thereof) issue. I just want to skip past the uncomfortable-ness and the dressing up and the weird parts back to the sweatpants, morning-hair, burping part. I dig comfort and don't like it when there are pretenses. I would like to have my relationship back, flawed as it might be, because I feel like I'm missing a damn good friend who knew me better than most people. But growing isn't a bad thing, growing together is just preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment