Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

February 21, 2009

Overstuffed...

So I put in my time today...that's for sure. I suffered.

I ran 2:20 ON THE TREADMILL. At this point I have no idea how far I even went. I put in the time in my own very bland, very boring version of hell. I ran the first hour at 5.7mph, the second at 5.5. Still sticking to the slow and easy stuff, on pace with the plan. Wish I knew how far I went, but it was certainily long enough. I couldn't have run any further, and was pushing through some significant knee/foot pain to get that far. Bribery with aggressive music....the good news: I did good with drinking plenty of water. Didn't have a gel or anything to eat (mistake) or even a mixed sports drink (mistake) but I did drink plenty of water.

I'm a bit concerned with the way my knees are dealing with these long runs. My feet were giving me more of the trouble today...but now I have some of the knee pain creeping in. The yoga class last night was clearly the saving grace for the run today. All-in-all, long run is done for this week.

After the run I hobbled downstairs and got in the pool to loosen things up a bit. Put in 1,000yds. Got in the hot tub afterwards for some quality stretching. The pool helped me feel MUCH better. The hot tub almost killed me.

Started to feel like hell in the hot tub. went into the sauna for all of 2 minutes thinking I could use it to dry out a bit. It went downhill quickly. I basically threw my clothes on and got the hell out of dodge and to the couch ASAP. I was either going to puke or pass out. It was about that time I figured out - the only thing I had eaten all day was the cereal at 10a....Running for 2:20 @ 3:30p....that's not enough.

Lesson re-learned. Went to Old Country Buffet for dinner and definitely caught up calorically. Haven't eaten there in years - I normally avoid buffets now - but it was just nice to shovel in food for awhile. I'm still so freaking full.

No comments:

Post a Comment