Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

February 15, 2009

Da Do Run Run...

Almost 12mi once all was said and done on today's run in the cold. That's counting the warm-down walking laps in the parking lot. Right at 11.5 running. 2:05.33 total time on my watch. Still keeping with the run for 20/walk 2 thoughts....haven't done a long run in a couple of weeks, so I figured it would be a long day. Throwing in a bit of walking helps keep me moving a bit longer.

It was a bit chilly, around 37 when we started, so we did have some debate on how many layers would be right and hem-hawing around a bit. I went with the little compression shorts, the tights, the Zensah calf sleeves, a tight tank base up top and my thick long-sleeve Pearl top. At the last second I decided to throw on one of my light long-sleeves in the middle. (That quickly came off at our first walk break...spent the rest of the 2 hours tied around my waist.) Worked out really well, felt good most of the way...did lose the gloves pretty early, too.

Felt pretty decent as far as running goes, we went out fairly quickly - having to force ourselves to slow down a bit. Had a twinge in my left knee about 4mi in...not too sure what it was but it wasn't really bad. Towards the end I just started to fall apart, as normal. My left hip really started to bother me - I figure hip flexors - and my left knee was just ridiculous...maybe gastroc or something like that. It's only gotten worse since the run, going to ice a bit. Other than that, typically sore back just from the effort but not a bad run. Picked it up a bit in the last copule of miles - but mostly just survival.

Pleased with the run, held most of it around 10min/mi. Decent effort for this point. Hoping to stay on track for awhile now.

No comments:

Post a Comment