Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

June 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Saturday we managed to turn a 65mi ride into 6.75hrs of hilarity in the heat. Opened the day with a 1.87mi open water swim @ Lake Clearwater. Still have OW panic issues in lakes...date all the way back to being a wee little one swimming in lakes CONSTANTLY with seaweed and whatnot...for some reason I developed a FREAKOUT reaction to lake-swimming when it's clear enough to see things and/or there are weeds. Clearwater is an amazing lake...snorkel-like clear...you can see clearly down about 8 ft (insert FREAKOUT here) and there really aren't that many weeds. I just have a funny reaction to them when I let my mind wander to snakes and sticks and weird fish and other things that live in lakes. The swim itself went great...my shoulders got a tiny bit tired, but it was still nice to just go swim for a long time and not have to turn at a wall. And I got to grab some golf balls off the bottom...ha!

N and I bribed ourselves with the long ride...not feeling too great after inhaling the CRAP food that I ate and the swim...we said we'd go out for a couple of hours and ride all serious-like and then cruise the Monon down to BRip and grab some food and cruise home. Turned into a 6+ hour adventure. It was HOT...hot..hot. Despite the amount of water we naturally swallow while swimming, after a lengthy swim, a sprint to Zionsville and some crap food, I burned through my hydration stores pretty quickly while riding (probably wearing the black top - even though it doesn't cover much - wasn't a great idea) and was trying to be really conservative with the fluid I had on the bike (2 lg. bottles) but sheesh. I burned through that fairly quickly as well and made the mistake of riding in the middle of cornfields. So....I suffered a bit. Got a little light-headed as we were headed back for a brief time and we had to stop at the CVS in Westfield to grab some Gatorade and water...I was able to bounce back enough fairly quickly to keep going - but not a fan of the light-headed riding thing...following the middle of the 3 lines I see...not a fan!

Cruised by the house and down to BRip...still made decent time even on the Monon leg of the ride...quality saddle-time. After the meal, however, COMPLETELY different story. Angry stomachs don't like the aero position OR pedalling...so we cruised around 13 - 15 home. Turned out to be a decent day....schlepped around the evening and ate some more crap.

Sunday was volunteering at the JCC Kids Tri..entirely too much fun. Kids are HILARIOUS..parents are SCARY. It was, once again, fairly warm. Stomach was still rather unhappy and was just feeling poo-ish. Run-down feeling big-time. Bailed on the long run and napped on the couch, then hit the poolside with N and managed to Lobsterfy myself (AGAIN...CRAP) on my stomach and upper legs...might look decent in a few days but right now clothes HURT.

Monday morning - still feeling like dog crap and EXHAUSTED. Not sure what's up with that...stomach still a bit topsy-turvy and just sinusy and whiny. URGGGGG. Going to run some tonight, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment