Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

June 21, 2009

Sunday of the mug...

Holy cow it was muggy today. Wanted to run 12 or 13...managed to eek out 9.5. Legs were heavy from the get-go and the wounds from yesterday's "no sock" adventure just did me in. There was just no air moving and I paid for it. Just got hot and down and struggled. But...we did get through it so it counts. Even popped in the pool afterward and slugged through about 1200 yds.

It counts as decent training for slogging through the heat. A half is going to have me on my own feet around noon-ish and in July, hellllloooooo, it's hot and muggy in Indiana and Michigan. So, it's a good objective, even if it does piss me off during. Last quarter ran at about 8:30 pace. Urgggg...again - all in the name of training and getting the job done. Tanya's determined to make me a better runner, if she doesn't kill me first!

A good weekend. I'm stoked to take tomorrow off - MAYBE swim if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment