Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

June 16, 2009

Morning Run

Well, it felt good, anyway. Or at least kinda good. So maybe it didn't feel all that good, but I got it done!

Ran 4.6 this morning - didn't think it was that far - in about 47 minutes and some change. I really like running in the morning - just wish I could pry my lazy ass out of bed and get it done more often. It's a good start to the day and gets part of the "working out chaos" feeling out of the way. Lessens some of the guilt, if you will. I didn't sleep good again last night (too warm despite a freezing house and still friggin itching) but when the alarms went off I guilted myself up. I'm hoping that makes me CRASH HARD tonight after swimming. The route was easy, the run was easy and pressure-free. The new iPod arm band gizmo worked fine and I wasn't too opinionated on the new headphones - I will say though that if I mash them too far in my ears and they cut off all outside sound I FREAK out - hearing my own raspy breath and the sound of the cord bumping my back is instantly nauseating. Think I lose my equilibrium or something...just weird.

All in all, a good way to start the day. Now if I can just figure out my stomach and get it to cooperate on the schedule too, it'll all be fine!

EDIT: I also swam 3500yd in the evening. Didn't break any speed records, in fact have gained a small bit of time since I've not been swimming and have definitely switched the stroke into open water mode, but I did it and it's done. So there....that counts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment