Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 18, 2010

Running with friends...

A 6.4mi run on Saturday morning. Wasn't too cold, wasn't too muggy, wasn't too over/under dressed. Wasn't fast, wasn't terribly slow. Was a freaking awesome time filled with great conversation and laughter. It was pointed out that I am happy, I am "softer" than I've been in awhile, more filled with positive and less harshness. (Oh, it's still there, but maybe in smaller quantities and not as vehemently expressed.) It wasn't the greatest of efforts on my part, but it was the social aspect of this run that really just nailed why I do what I do. E might've suffered a bit, running further than in many moons. But I'd like to think that we buffered the effort with a bit of humor and again the good conversation. It was enlightening and led to a few realizations over the remaining course of the weekend. I'm not giving up the details on those yet, I'm still quite satisfied to keep them inside and smile when I think of them.

But it's all true. I have wonderful friends, a great relationship, a positive outlook, some quality athletic ability and the ability to sleep good. I'm comfortable with who I am and what I want and where things are going (if maybe only for the short- to mid-term). Life is freaking GOOD folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment