Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 14, 2010

Week in review...

Monday's workouts weren't anything spectacular. A lot of residual soreness from the long run on the snow/ice. Pump that up a bit with a short recovery run of about 2.6mi and then do a some lifting on the legs/arms and it's a recipe for exhausted. For the little extra sprinkling on top add in just a few core exercises (before your roommate decides he's annoyed by the gym and "done" for tonight). So...Tuesday was fun, I was sore and a bit cranky.

Take Tuesday's swim practice, add in the dash of sore, the sprinkling of cranky and a good measure of exhausted and you get a fairly worthless practice. Fold in the fact that it was mostly at a threshhold pace (1:30 - 1:45, yeah, stuff it, that's about my threshhold for comfort right now..I'm working on that.) and the cranky quotient rises.

Which brings us to Wednesday. Has anyone seen the crowbar I must have used to PRY myself out of bed? All I remember is how miserably tired I was - I didn't sleep great so adding that to the above workouts makes me a bit questionable in the human department. Spending all day with my friend called spreadsheets and reformatting and throw in a bit of the sniffles. I didn't think much of the sniffles until the end of the day as they were getting a bit more pervasive. A bit of a scratchy throat - I can mislead myself into thinking that they were a combination of being tired, sitting inside all day and staring at spreadsheets. Ha! I decided to go home and basically go straight to bed (after some food, of course).

Anyway....had a tiny low-grade fever last night prior to bed, was cold all the way through. Went to sleep anyway. Tossed, turned, awake, put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, promptly sweat my ass off and take clothing off a piece at a time until you're still burning up with very little on, then flip flop and toss and turn and wind up FREEZING again. Take your temperature a couple times throughout the night and thing your thermometer's crazy since it's reading 97.8 and 98.2...fairly typical temps for me but why the hell is my body so whacked then? URGGGG...final result: next to no sleep, a headache, coughy/itchy throat and a left sinus (from forehead to cheek and around to my jaw) that is just angry at the world. Right one, clear sailing..left one, locked and hurting.

With C headed up tomorrow. Great. I'm vitamined, medicined and hydrating (after I finish the coffee) and we'll see where that gets me. If it's not much better I may just pout in a corner. Damn winter colds. (Though I am counting my blessings, lest anyone forget, as I haven't been sick yet this year...so I can take this and keep moving...as long as it plays nice and goes away soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment