Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

January 4, 2010

I am sloth.

I am a worthless human. I have realized that. I did one 5-mile run the entire time I was gone. I realized that running with C is a viable option, even if he has a "barn mode" as bad as T. It's manageable, I will let him run off just as easily as I do her. I believe he will and can outpace me though, also an acceptable outcome. Nice to be able to have someone else to enjoy sports with.

I will NOT be one of the New Year's Resolution crowd, though I'm sure I will have to battle them all at the gym starting tonight. Hopefully many will stick, though I am equally hopeful that they choose efficient times to work out and I won't have too many problems working around them. I'm anticipating seeing much hilarity tonight between running and lifting.

Totally stoked to get back to the routines and patterns that lead up to race season. Hoping for a solid half-mary attempt in a month in NO at the end of Feb., with an equally solid attempt (and hopefully decent weather) for a Costa run in late March...those will lead up to the April Florabama race and in May the first mary of the year (Pig...I WILL have a better showing this year). I'm working on the rest of the schedule now...laying out plans and whatnot. I think it's going to be mostly run and swim-based, with Sharkfest already registered and the 10k swim in the plans as well. Maybe another appearance at Big Shoulders?

I'm excited about life, excited about the possibilities heading into the year. I feel...just different this year. I'm happy and excited to be taking off on new adventures. Who knows what all I can accomplish this year?

I dunno, but I'll start with a 3mi jog tonight....and some weights. Wahoo.

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

Glad this year is getting off to a good start for you! We need to meet this Cory. He seems to be a good guy, making you happy and all. Now if he can just survive a good roasting from Gavin, we'll know he can hang;)

Post a Comment