Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 25, 2009

Making up for lost time...

I've almost sort of made up for bailing on last Wednesday - by apparently almost killing myself today. Nila, Noah and I went for a bike ride then Nila and I ran a couple fairly quick miles.

Did I say it was a bike ride? Did I neglect to mention that it's a bit chilly - not cold, but enough to make me wear a couple of layers - and we went FAST?? Nila said in the email she wanted around an 18mph pace. We went out the first 20 min w/an 18.8 avg. I figured that was spelling bad news, as while I was putting in some solid effort, it was still a bit easier than it SHOULD have been to hold that....it did feel like we were riding a bit into or across the wind though, so I didn't think it'd be that much of a problem...then we turned around. A nice brisk wind, so we dropped our pace down quite a bit, but still managed to pump out some solid efforts.
1:40, 26.7mi

The run was uneventful. Nice, fairly easy pace w/both dogs. They behaved themselves mostly, and we got done fairly quick.
:27, 2.6mi

I'm still not warm, but that only makes it a good thing that I have a new hot water heater, eh???

No comments:

Post a Comment