Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

April 4, 2009

TO THE BUFFALO

Got to see the buffalo for the first time this year today. GORGEOUS day outside, sunny with what felt like little wind and a high headed up to 60...heck yeah I'll take my bike ride!

The random and extremely chaotic week left me more than exhausted and since the training plan for the Pig technically deemed this week a recovery week, I was totally out on doing a long run. My goal was to sleep until I woke up on saturday and get on my bike at some point or run 7 miles, whichever came first. Since I started receiving text messages about riding at 7a, the ride won.

40 miles total, about 2:30 in time, decent speed and effort. It's a fairly flat ride, so it's usually a good measure of general "how I feel"-ness. Felt pretty ok. I did forget how different my road and tri saddles are, and am paying the price for that.

Perfect morning, too, despite not having milk or any food in the house. Nila brought me Starbucks, I got to sit out on the deck with the poopers and enjoy the sunshine and read my book a bit while the Pandora Radio was serenading me. THAT's the way to start a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment