Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

April 30, 2009

Self-Pity Tour 2009

It continues for one more day. I've pretty much been a slug this week. I pushed a bit too hard on Monday, leaving me in tears by the time I got home around 9:15p. I could hardly move and everything just hurt. Making Dan tell me that I wasn't going to hurt that bad forever was a bit of a news flash. So...I backed down a bit. I swam a tad on Tuesday evening, which felt good. Had a few quality minutes in the hot tub after the short swim and felt even better. Was actually moving fairly fluid yesterday and feeling somewhat normal (despite the fact that I'm still in a sports bra and soft cotton shirts) and even was able to wear pants!! (Anything with a tight waistband or pockets on the butt was bad news....and yesterday was still a bit painful at times..)

Today is pants AND a normal shirt (no more wife-beater!!!) but still no normal bra. My shoulder is still a bit raw - I didn't really do a good job last night of keeping it "moist". I tried to go sans-Tylenol this morning and have already pumped 2000mg into my body after having a bit of a rough morning. Got a massage yesterday afternoon and think that might have loosened some of the crap up, but has left me more sore. If it shortens the overall pain period, i'm ok with it but sheesh. I'm just a bit tired of hurting, feeling like I shouldn't work out and not being able to be normal.

I've gotten starbucks 3x this week and basically not cooked a single meal. That has to stop pronto. I will quit feeling sorry for myself and indulging today. I don't think I'm going to be able to run tonight, maybe a quick test jaunt around the block to see how things shake out, but nothing ambitious. To bed early and a decent dinner. That's about the extent of my plans.

The good news: the ball is rolling on the frame replacement. I've dropped the 'duza at DG and am hoping the QR folks let me roll that route. I know what I want and what I'm willing to pay, I'm hoping they come through. I've been impressed thus far with the response times and whatnot. It's good to have direction. I'm still feeling bad about the poor baby though.

Oh, and a quick trip to Dick's and/or Target to take inventory on the "uniforms" for DWD. Also need to inquire about shelter reservations for CCMSC's picnic after the June race, and camping space for DWD, send my DeSoto shorts back (and hope all goes well) and line up dog care for this weekend and next. Sheesh...the 'todo' list is a bit overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment