Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

April 9, 2009

Swimming like a tank...

So Tuesday was my first swim in a little over a week....and it felt positively awful. That might've had something to do with the RAGING PMS, but I'm not sure, so I'm chocking it up to me just being out of whack. So it comes to Thursday...swim #2 of the week...and the SAME THING HAPPENS. Granted, I ran 5.25 mi. earlier today during lunch, so I was undoubtedly tired, and I've been sleeping like absolute crap, but STILL!!!!

Swim was a bit excruciating, but I did get through it with ok times. I still feel like my two halves are disconnected, leading me to snake all over the lane and my catch is all outta whack and I'm having to constantly remind myself to go "over the barrel" and to not fling my arm around in recovery. So, not normal stuff for me at all in the water. The swim is supposed to be the easy part. (The potential upside to that dilemma: the 5.25 felt super-great and easy and refreshing. I did deal with a bit of IT irritability towards the end and my right post-tib was getting annoyed, but overall the run felt good. It was slower than I would probably have run on my own - which is most likely a good thing as well.) While I'm glad the run felt good, it disturbs me that the swim felt so weird. I'm not willing to trade the thing I was really good at for the thing that I'm never going to be really good at - but could feel ok at. I'd rather have one of the three sports where I can totally slash most people, I don't care if they run by me later on, I'm still working on that part too. So, stay tuned, that part of life could continue to be interesting.

400WU
4x50 on 1:15 K (IM order)
1x100 on 2:00 K (IM)
4x100 on 2:00 P (IM/B/Br/Fr)
3x set: R :15 b/w
(200 on 3:30 - 90%, 100 on 1:45 recovery, 200 on 3:30 - 90%)
2x200 on 3:40 - :10 b/w 50's
300CD - 50dr/50sw
3100 total

Short workout - I bailed on part of the WU and the CD. Ridiculous, but I was tired. Not sure what's going on with the workouts (two days before the state meet we did about 3600 HARD yards, a week after and we're doing 3100 fairly short w/tons of rest?) but I hope Eileen's just not gotten bored. It's got to be hard writing stuff for the broad spectrum, but I might have to start tweaking them if it continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment