Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 21, 2009

Long, Long Run

Laps are dumb. We shouldn't run loops when we're running that far.

Ran 2 loops from Rhorer to about 106th. Works out to be 8mi loops. Went 15.7 total running, walked up and over the 16 mark.

It was a bit long and grueling. We stayed fairly positive and I didn't really hurt as bad as I thought I would. Finished fairly strong. Fell all to hell after that though...calves just went nuts, left knee went all nuts and both feet just decided to stop playing along. My calves were the biggest problem - they hurt really bad to sit still and hurt even worse to move...was just weird.

Grabbed some coffee and got back to the house. Dropped to the ground and actually kneaded my fingers into my calves. And voila! Pain virtually disappeared, weird!! (Don't get me wrong, still felt like I had run 16 miles, but the pain was gone....)

Managed to have a super-productive day outside of that run, too...got the water heater installed, had a rockin' sushi dinner with the Schnelzers (becuase they're an AWESOME family) and chilled at the house. Was a great day. I bet it'll feel even better to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment