Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 17, 2009

Green Beer Lesson Learned

I got suckered into having a green beer after work today - before swim practice. I let it happen, truth be told. I went along with it, I've never had one before! (Which is an oddity in itself...how did I get to 28 w/o a green beer experience?) Figured I was quite hydrated, it was only one, it should be fine. Nevermind ye little niggling voice in my head that said, "Who cares if it's only one, it's still beer, and it's green, and it's Bud Light, and you're going to swim!!!"

"Pshaw on the, little niggling voice, it'll all be fine. We're all Irish today!!!"

Oh how I regretted that thought. I have no idea what practice was, but I know it was a series of 500's, with an array of internal mechanics of descending, negative splitting, and splitting my head wide open with a POUNDING headache. (And ye little leprechaun voice bastard forgot me watter bottle in the car....) I have no idea how far I swam or how many of the 500's, I'm sure we made all of them, and I'm equally sure I swam an extra 50 on at least one of them (DAMN LEPRECHAUN). But I survived and after swimming felt a bit better.

An approximation:
300 WU (in the middle of their 2nd 500)
500 on 7:30 - Fast, Mod, Fast, Mod, Fast x100
500 on 7:30 - Desc x 250
500 on 7:30 - Desc x 100
5x100 on 1:30 - Desc. (SURVIVE)
500 on 7:30 - Steady

I think there was another one in there....but I honestly have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment