Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

November 8, 2008

Wow....

Checked in the bike and transition bags today, rode the bike around the hotel for awhile today, ate some Mormon pancakes this morning, got some food to eat in the morning (WalMart Neighborhood Market IS just as bad as the regular WalMarts), ate some El Pollo Loco, heard the end of the pre-race meeting and drove a medium chunk of the bike course for tomorrow....holy hell, what have I signed up for?

What I've seen of it looks to be somewhat manageable, though fairly intimidating. I'm going to try to add a slideshow of the pictures here in a bit...we'll see how it goes.
Headed off in a few to have dinner with the parents - all of them. A table for 8 should be entertaining with this motley crew. Going to try to get to sleep around 8:45 - 9....that should be somewhat entertaining. I've apparently perfected my ability to pass out within minutes.
I'm a little nervous, but surprisingly feeling ok about this whole thing. I'm just ready to get the show on the road. I know it's going to be hard and that there will be more than a few challenging moments and some low spots, but I've got so many people sending me good vibes and prayers, not to mention the cheering section here with me in town and out on the course, I'm feeling pretty good about my chances of survival.
So for the Indiana/midwest crew, start thinking good things about 10:45 - 11a tomorrow...that's approx. when I'll be headed out on my bike (hopefully) for a 112 mile ride. Mom should have the cell phone all day and it should be turned on, I'll try to get her to reply to any text inquiries if she can. I'm hoping to be off my bike by around 3p here (6p Indiana) and that's when things will REALLY get interesting. If it's a good day and things are going well, I'll hopefully be done by or right around 8p here (11p Indiana). If all goes well, cheeseburger and beer should be in-hand by 8:30 - 8:45....TBD on when I can actually eat them.
Phil. 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment