Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

November 2, 2008

This guy gets it:


To the uninitiated, North Shore Road will impose a demanding series of inclines that never end--- a series of inclines that get you both going out and coming back. Frank Lowery, Slverman race director, is a cruel, cruel, course designer. Just ask Chris McCormack who has stated that it is the toughest cycling stage he has ever encountered.


I think that the Friday night Silverman pasta dinner will officialy put me over the top. Chris McCormack, Dave Scott, fourteen countries... all... fifty... states. Yeah, that will blow my mind.


And how about that phenomenal volunteer to athlete ratio? Can you believe that there will be 4 vlounteers to every single competitor. Unbelievable.


Welcome, Silverman, to the ranks of one of the most demanding and most quality full distance races on the planet! I am very humbled that I have an opportunity to partake of this experience.


Yeah, I'm there, too. What a great thing this is going to be. How lucky I am - Win, lose, finish or not. He summed it up pretty well somewhere else:


...it's about dreaming/imagining that what seems impossible... is within reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment