Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

May 13, 2009

Hello. My Name Is Sloth...

...and I'm totally ok with it. After a month of gogogogogogogo and runrunrunrunrunrunrun with a little bit of CRACKWHAMMOCRASHTHUMP, I am more than accepting of a little quality time off to let my body do whatever the crap it wants - including hurt a little bit. I've got to get some recovery time banked into these muscles, bones and joints or I'm going to seriously hurt something.

That includes drinking plenty of water, getting a decent diet on track, trying to get back into a schedule and sleeping. Hmm...sleeping. Like going to bed at a regular time and trying to relax for a little while ahead of time so that I might sleep through the whole night. Ahh....wouldn't that be nice? So, I'm giving this recovery thing a good shot and taking a bit of a mini-break from the training and trying to get back into the fun swing of things.

I've slated an 8-10 mile run for this weekend to be super easy. No expectations, just enjoying a run, shaking off my legs and enjoying a morning. If it's raining, all bets are off. Much like today - there will supposedly be a ride leaving from my house this evening. If it's raining - hell no i won't be going (which it's practically guaranteed to be raining, so I'm already saying I'm not going). Instead, I'm going to get some real-world stuff done (like bitching at the Apple people, hopefully picking up the new bike and possibly vacuuming my bedroom, cleaning my bathroom and starting some laundry). Tomorrow I will be looking over the yard with the yard guru and possibly hitting a driving range (hopefully not sending my club out into the driving range this time...). I'm hopeful that I could possibly get a short, easy run in the morning - again ONLY if it's not raining - and possibly taking the pooch to the vet. Who knows....I just would like to get some things done.

On the bright side - I've had too much caffeine so if I could focus on any one thing for more than 30 seconds I could be POUNDING out some projects. Of course, I can't (one of my many side-effects of too much caffeine) so I am ping-ponging around in my brain and not accomplishing anything, but I have a record number of windows and emails open on my computer....

Ahhhh, ADD at it's undiagnosed finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment