Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

May 21, 2009

2nd Verse...Same as the First

Along the same lines as my little mini-rant yetserday....I'm a bit frustrated @ my current situation this very minute.

If we consistently allow ourselves and our expectations of the world to be dictated and driven by the expectations and talents of others then there is no possible way we will ever become the person we were meant to be, nor will we ever find satisfaction in our abilities and accomplishments.

If we always allow another's name (whether it may be based on our own efforts) to "shine" rather than our own, does it lessen our own experiences and expectations of our own work?

Further, if that person(s) should happen to make egregious errors, is your name also sullied simply by association? "You are the company you keep...."

Is it wrong to expect others and their performance to rise to my standards and my expectations? Granted that there are always exceptions and "the best" that a person has is ALWAYS acceptable and that IS what the expectation is based upon. But if I continually allow myself to "get by" with what others expect by not pushing myself to always give the best then I feel that I am actually cheating myself. And if I allow myself to lower my expectations for others - not expecting that they fully deliver and fully commit to an effort - then am I really lowering my expectations for myself as well?

READ the emails/letters put before you. LISTEN to the people that are speaking. PERFORM to the best of your ability. ANSWER the questions that are asked. HELP others fully when it is requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment