Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

May 20, 2009

Bike....

2nd ride on the bike down! Yay! After some epic struggles with the back wheel (trying to run the trispokes on it to get a feel for the beast..except the back wheel is not friendly. Apparently maybe the tire is too big and I need to drop down from 23's to around 20's...which means I have to buy a new tire...grrrr. Noah's bike can run a 23 and I almost told him to put the wheel on his bike and see if it cooperates. My frame is apparently just too small, or the space b/w the frame and tire should be really small...shouldn't be that small though. So we'll see about remedying that problem Friday afternoon...which should only be funny watching me try to change the tire. But alas...if it's not windy on Saturday I might like to see how the wheels feel on a long ride....just to play. But maybe not since I don't know the route and there may be some hills....conundrum.

Anyway...Phil, Wendy and I rode about 27 miles from Casa Ware. It was a nice ride, just the regular out and back. Had a nice little tailwind on the way out (spelling out thoughts of a "character ride" back to the house) and only damaged our average speed a bit on the way home. Think it wound up being around 16.something. But it was a good ride, felt ok.

Do need to probably tweak the machine a bit as I feel relatively powerless on the climbs....not sure what the answer for that is, but it might involve moving around a bit...or just getting used to it again - not sure. But I remember the full fit process did alleviate the issue the first time. As much as I don't want to, it might require a call/consult with T3 to figure out how to adapt my fit on the old machine into the new bike. (I can promise that I will NOT be paying $200+ for a new fit though...GRUMBLE)

So....stay tuned, more to come on that...Saturday could/should be interesting and fun. Nice, low-key shakeout ride.....

No comments:

Post a Comment