Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

May 18, 2009

Athletic Counts

SO I'm not hitting goals...I'm ok with it. The early-season slump has officially hit me and I'm ok with that, too. I seem to be OK with a lot of things lately. Ok...I can usually survive the madness and don't get the first round of burnout until early June. Not this year.....too much, too fast.

Mullet, Crash, Pig, Dirt...done.

I'm fully extended on patience right now (read: I have none) and I'm looking exert myself at other things like yardwork or golf. Anything to heartily avoid running and swimming.

Spent about an hour and a half last Sunday or Monday on a bike, spent about the same time on the C'Dale the week before. I have not, since the Pig, run at all. At. All. That's bad. Prior to pig, my only run had been the Mulletman. So....I've got to get my head out of my butt on that one. I really would have enjoyed a run this morning, but there were other things that prevented that.

The bike is up and running (thank God) - went for first ride yesterday. As soon as I get all situated, I will like it very much. I do wonder, however, how long the fear of crashing it will last.

Monty is at the vet. He had his teeth cleaned today (yuck) and the bump on his side removed. It was "questionable" and so it's being sent off to a lab to be analyzed. I'm sending up some serious prayers about this one. I love the dog, he's my Prince, my Big Man, my Monster Pain in the Ass, we've been through some crap, I want him to keep living a happy Monty life. So we're staying tuned and staying positive. I'll be picking him and the staples in his side up shortly after 5. We should hear something back in 3-5 days. Fingers crossed and all that jazz. He's getting the special treatment for a few more days. Poor guy. Not sure if I can handle Vivi without Monty (but we're not going to think about that now...). So, it's just kind of not an option. FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment