Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

August 13, 2010

Thankful List

To keep myself headed in the direction I need to be - even if it feels like everything else is pulling me in the exact opposite direction. I'm listing three (3) thinks I'm thankful for. Maybe this will be a daily thing - maybe not.

1. My friends - this is the most emotional pain I've ever had. My heart has been ripped out & discarded like old newspaper. But my friends, the community of people that love (ha) & care about me have risen up & surrounded me with nothing but love & support. In fact, they kinda won't leave me alone...but this is a thankful list soni digress...

2. My job - I have a good job & work with good people. I feel fairly secure in this job (for now) & am confident that I can use this job & new opportunity to elevate my career

3. My strength - for obvious reasons. Often translated as cockiness, pushiness, ignorance, determination, selfishness or stubbornness, this is the reason I am myself & I am able to not doubt my survival in this heartbreak. Ive been through worse by myself - this is nothing. I pray to keep the strength to be vulnerable & allow myself the possibility to get hurt again. This appear insurmountable at the moment, but this too shall pass.

I am what I am because of these things above. I will plow through & come out the other side of this cloud of pain & betrayal & insecurity & abandonment. I will keep myself intact & I will be a better person for this difficulty. I will be thankful for the difficulty & the pain, it means I'm living with passion, purpose & emotion. Without these, surely how gray & boring life would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment