Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 31, 2010

SCARY

See this photo? Scary as hell, right? Now think of your mother...nay, 4 of your mothers, in this thing, just cruising back from their girls' vacation, rolling 4 times in this thing. It WAS a Chevy Tahoe. Some of the most important people to me in the world tumbling along the highway in the middle of nowhere, Mississippi. And here I was just working away...riding to & from another annual review meeting in nowhere, Indiana.

Thank heavens, all of them and everyone that lives in them, that these are good women that have God on their side. Everyone's pretty beat up and bruised and a little broken, but they'll be ok. Not sure they'll ever feel the same driving by a semi-truck, but physically they'll be ok.

One of the most unsettling phone calls & few hours of my life. Getting the picture at 1a almost effectively ended what was already a fitful night's sleep. How do I not be mad at the guy that almost killed them? How DO I be mad at the guy - it's not like he TRIED to kill them, he just had an idiot moment? How do I not be scared to be so far away (a quick 12 hours...) if/when anything happens to my parents? But we all know that we can't live our lives waiting for something to happen to our loved ones at the same time.

So I've been a bit conflicted & haven't slept great. But I don't have any broken bones or a hole in my head...so I'm ok. Just rocked my foundation a bit again. I'm so thankful that a roll in the grass didn't do more damage to them. The truck (like the bikes) can always be replaced. Life is good, God is better. I've said "thank you" a hundred times since Monday night. I don't plan on stopping.

Training? Pssssht. I've been running. I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Ann Arbor, MI, blowing off a run. Time to go eat a good dinner & schlep through some more emails. 'Tis the season for the annual review roadshow.

2 comments:

Brittaney said...

I have been saying a lot of "thank you's" to God as well, but I'm sure not nearly as many as you! I'm so greatful they are all ok. Talk about scary! What happened/is going to happen to the trucker? Dad said he had been driving carelessly the whole time and they were trying to get around him.
Anyways, love you guys and glad this incident didn't turn out as badly as it could have! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Will I finally get to meet Cory? Tell him to be prepared- Gavin is very protective of the women in the family and will more than likely give him a little hell! But, that could also happen just due to the fact that he's a bama fan!

AWARE said...

Don't know about the other guy - police report in 10 days. That'll provide some insight. Mom's getting better, went to the cosmetic guy - recleaned & healing started.

Cory will be with - he expects hell from just about everyone, he's used to my over-protective friends. Remember most of my friends up here are guys, so he's been through 3-4 firing squads already. Seems to pass well. Gavin can fire away, they're equally smart-assed, it should be entertaining. And he deserves what he gets on the Bama thing. Looks like it'll be just the two of us though..so that'll be entertaining.

Stoked about even a few days away...I need a break from this place.

Post a Comment