Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

April 13, 2010

Training is lacking, but the weather's nice....

Training is training...fairly blah. Haven't been running NEARLY as much as I should, but what else is new? Finally getting back out on the bike a bit - actually enjoying it this year! And of course the swimming...so a couple more weeks of this HARD CORE running thing (definition of hard core being very, very loosely interpreted - one run last week hardly counts, but I think about running a lot..surely that means something) before this marathon & then I'll turn a LOT of my intensity to swimming...I'm hoping to spend a lot of time outside in prep for Sharkfest & the 10K. I'm not so much worried about the tris...kicking back to a couple/few runs a week of no INSANE distances or pain & some bike rides with some fun, throwing in some speedwork & some really consistent swimming (think mornings) & I'll feel good about life & maybe drop a few pounds. (Note that will depend heavily on me A)doing what I just said & B) not eating everything in sight....so we'll see.)

Ran somewhere between 14 & 15 this weekend - we totally thought it was about 15+ - I still think that Googlemaps is whacked. It wasn't too terribly bad. Right hip flexor got pissed, left foot (1st met) was unhappy but not too bad. My body was just mostly done. And that's ok...I deserved it. Looks like I might be heading in the same direction this week - not much volume heading into this marathon thing....doom. Oh well....I just want to run it, survive it, not have to medicate too heavily after it & finish with a time under/around 5:15...doom on me for setting a time goal, since I should be happy if I can breathe & stay upright & be ok. We say every training run, "One of these days we're going to really train right for one of these things & see what we can do." Unfortunately, this will not be "one of these days" on May 2....but I'm hoping it's still fun.

My swim form is all jacked up for some reason, no idea why but I'm working on it. Just seem a bit wonky & not really connected still. Maybe my head position is a bit weird, maybe I'm not getting enough 'real' sleep, maybe my arms are crossing over a bit, not really sure. I'm just getting pushed around quite a bit & just don't feel as comfortable in the water. Times are still decent, but do seem to be a bit off. My volume is also probably down a bit as well, so that might contribute. Not sure, just annoyed with it. But...with volume comes speed & the natural working out of kinks...so it'll all be ok. Worst-case scenario...I can still survive a damn long time in the water...so there's always that.

Stay tuned for neat spring photos coming soon....the flowers are a boppin' in the yard right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment