Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 8, 2010

A weekend report

I. Am. Lazy.

Sure, I have athletic tendencies. But I also have what appears to be an overwhelmingly lazy bottom line. If given the opportunity to bail on a run - even if it's the prettiest weekend in ages - I will do so. AND (you thought that was it?) I will do it repeatedly...as in two, TWO, gorgeous days in a row. There are things I love about myself, but there are a couple that I don't like. This laziness? Yeah, that's one of them.

We slept in Saturday. Just plain ol' slept in. Got up, watched some tv, flopped around the house some...we had grand intentions of getting up, running, going to look at cars and then doing whatever. Instead...we managed to avoid running altogether, get around to going to look at cars at about 3-or-4-something, wandering around Target for awhile then bailing on bowling (2hour wait...at 10p...yeah, we're THAT old) and just renting a movie with NC.

We ALSO slept in on Sunday. Finally pried ourselves out of bed to find NC tapping on the thermostat. No WONDER we were all cold yesterday.....furnace = kaput. SO I called the guy...said it'd be a few hours. Debated running then, would be home in plenty of time to still get cleaned up and wait....but wasn't sure and definitely didn't want to miss him, so I waited. And waited. And waited. Turns out other people's issues were as wonky as mine. So he finally gets there. C orders pizza (as he was just trying to make the princess not lose her mind screaming again..yeah, again. It was an ugly day.) & the guy tinkers in the laundry room.

Guy wrangles furnace into submission for a little over $500 & I get a "maintenance contract"...win, win?? Hmmm.

No run, no workout. Did I mention I was a schlep on Friday, too, & managed to fenagle my way out of a workout? Wow....I. Am. A. WORTHLESS. Athlete.

3 comments:

Brittaney said...

Look at cars? Are you getting a new car? I want a new car!

AWARE said...

have thought about it but no progress yet. The furnace drained a bit of the "car fund". YOU don't need a new car, you just freaking got one! If anyone gets a car, let Gavin have door handles for pete's sake! (At least I think he's still got the old one...right?)

Brittaney said...

Yeah, he does but it now has door handles! The plan was for him to get a new car, but he refuses. He says he's gonna drive the Honda until the wheels fall off... sigh.
So, I feel like I should get a new one since he doesn't want one. I've had my car for almost 3 years now and want something bigger. Of course, all of this requires Gavin getting a job... another sigh.

Post a Comment