Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

March 23, 2010

So the Stomach Flu & I went for a walk...

I told this flu I wasn't happy about it being around. It showed up halfway through a vanilla milkshake (the rare one I allow myself) & started with just feeling icky. I plowed through a couple of errands, got back home & ate half a sandwich & watched the boys work on the floor for awhile. In reality I was already doing the slow breathing & focus things when I'm trying not to throw up. I keeled over on the couch and slept for about an hour...amidst the pounding of the boards, the saw, the boy-banter, all of it...I just zonked. Then I moved to the bedroom so I could spread out a bit more & be closer to the bathroom & went back to sleep......with the exceptions of two quick dashes into the bathroom followed by some intense core exercises, whimpering & teeth brushing, I stayed in that same spot from about 4 to 10:30 (remember what amounted to 2 hours on the couch, too). I was bribed to go take a shower (during which I curled up in the floor for a few moments) & promptly died back into bed. Fever was up over 100*, my body was so achy that my skin hurt & I was left with nothing but tears. I made a bargain that if I was still feeling puky & fevery I was only going to dash into the office to grab my computer & return home to the sanctity of my own germs....that's exactly what I did. I threw on enough clothing to be decent, came downtown & got the computer & returned home. Didn't really focus on much other than trying to drink water & not be queasy. Promptly went back to sleep until about 1. Watched tv & popped open the pc until about 3. Cory got home with some chicken noodle soup (the good old Campbell's condensed kind...it's the only thing that even sounded palatable). I ate the soup then keeled back over on the couch about 4:30 until almost 6.

For those playing along at home....I was awake for 7 hours between Sunday at 2p & Tuesday at 7:30a. I lost 5lbs. I'm quite dehydrated. Went to sleep with a fever around 99.2. I woke up today & am at least slightly more functional though my chest still hurts & I'm still kinda queasy. I've forced down some sweet potatoes for dinner last night, a pop tart & half a serving of biscuits & gravy for breakfast. But...the kitchen floor looks great!

Too bad C is now in bed & wracked with fever, chills, pukes & aches so bad even he's whining. Poor punkin. (Hope he doesn't think twice about bringing me soup next time...)

Great way to start a week. This little thing effectively put on hold all workouts...but I'm going to TRY to swim tonight....we'll see.

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

I completely feel your pain! Mine happened in the middle of the week though so I was out of work for 3 days. I lost 4 pounds during mine, and when Gavin had it he lost 11!

Post a Comment