Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

September 10, 2009

Looming Big Shoulders...

So...we've officially established that I am fairly worthless as an athlete. I think I'm somewhat naturally inclined as an athlete (despite my physical appearance that would beg to the contrary) and the bunch of years of endurance training (6 in tri since college, cycling last 2 yrs in college - only somewhat endurance - and the swimming for the 10 years through school) probably helps that I can usually survive events despite being horribly under-trained. That said, I'm sick of falling short of my goals and expectations.

But with even that said, I'd like to go out on a limb and note that this weekend will suck. I don't know that there's really any way to be prepared for a 5K swim..scratch that, I know it's possible. But as sure as I am that it's possible, I'm equally sure that I am nowhere near ready for this thing.

As swimming has been "my thing" since I was gnat-high, I'm sure I will survive. (After all, I did survive last year @ Morse with about 3 swims for the year prior...) I'm equally sure that I will have a good time. What I'm not entirely sure of, however, is whether or not I will be pleased with the effort.

Maybe I will just have to work that much harder to drink away my worries and woes both before and after....now if I can just get this travel arrangement thing figured out....it IS tomorrow that I'm to be leaving, after all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment