Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

December 8, 2010

Dilemmas & Drama

I've had a rough week - big surprise there. I feel like most of what I've been doing since I started this whole "Ohio" thing is simply whining about the drama, the delays, the lack of sleep, the challenges, or any other normal thing that would come with transitions & challenges. That's what this is, you know....it's a stepping-stone in my life, a challenge to overcome & get through so that, when I emerge on the other side I will recognize once again what I am capable of going through & surviving on my own. This, too, is a repeated theme from the past 9mo. At some point before 2011 begins I will have to compile the list of 2010 accomplishments, failures & challenges. I do this every year, but they don't usually go anywhere outside of my head. Much like each birthday, I think the ringing of the New Year is a new beginning. It's a chance to take what the past year wrought & do with it what you want - better or worse - & learn, grow & know what NOT to do with the new year you've been given. Taking a few minutes for reflection.....this year it might take a bit more than a few minutes....it's been a helluva year.

This past week is no exception. Ups & downs, drama & emotional breakdowns. Failures & quitting, walking away & "holing up" to protect myself, to just name a few of the things in the past week alone. Some I'm proud to stand up & face, some I'm just embarrassed by. No details necessary, but suffice it to say I have a broken thumb & I REALLY wish I remembered exactly how it was broken. I also have a broken windowpane in my garage & I really wish I DIDN'T remember how/why it was broken. Ah well.

If it were boring, or I knew how to better articulate about all of it without opening the Pandora's box of my emotions again....I would explain fully. I'll leave that to the therapist when I get back to that exercise. For now, I've got alligators & assholes to take care of before I can go enjoy Christmas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment