Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

December 20, 2010

This morning...

I have to jot down some thoughts, because it's been a rough morning. It's actually been a helluva rough week - the stressors keep piling on & the stress relief is in short order. Working out provides an amazing respite from the stress of life & multiple full-time jobs (at the same company) but when you're working 10-14hr days at said jobs, running in the dark in a strange city isn't exactly going to relieve anyone else's stress.

I mentioned awhile back my consideration for medication. I bit the bullet at an appointment & asked what might be a good idea, was sent on my way with a year's Rx for a teensy dose of Lexapro & told that "if it didn't work or I had any concerns, to just call or come back." Now, in my job we spend quite a bit of time discussing the validity of prescribing things along appropriate clinical treatment protocols & so on & so forth. Simply handing someone a 13 mo. supply of this medication isn't exactly the correct protocol, but I'm an athlete & pay pretty close attention to my body & I'm thinking my doc remembers that & knows that if I have any questions I'll call or pop in. But, if following the 'rules', I should have some blood tests done after about 3-4mo to make sure I'm not shredding my internal organs or sending anything outta whack & I should have (had) a follow-up appointment after about 4-6wks to see how the medication was affecting my life. Further, I shouldn't have just ramped up cold turkey into the full dosage, there should've been an adjustment period of how to take the pills & acclimating my body. But anyway, that's an entirely different story. They seem to have helped greatly, or at least that's my impression as my stress level has literally gone through the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment