Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

July 9, 2009

CatchUp Ketchup...

maintaining, in essence, three training logs is a bit hectic! I log all of my stuff (or have started since mid-last month) on RunningAhead. I have previously used the ST log, and am not sure why I switched outside of the information being more readily available and easy to manipulate. Not sure if that's a bogus reason or not but it's what I'm going with - plus I like giggling at the runner's forums. I maintain once again - runners are bleeping crazy.

So...the catching up of the long, holiday weekend. I think I took Friday off, was just feeling a bit rundown, plus I wanted to run hard on Saturday in the Freedom Run. Nailed it - sort of. I ran faster than I've ever run, had an overall pace of right at 8:45. Started out with an 8:06 (oh hell)....took a full minute to walk in the 3rd mile (9:03) just to pull my HR down a little bit. Overall it felt pretty good. Had some shin issues just before it, left leg, upper 1/3 of the inside of my shinbone. Not a great thing...but didn't bother me during the run. Pleased with the effort and the time.

Took Sunday off to actually spend some time with Dan! Had a great afternoon/evening.

Monday was supposed to be a super brick (2x30 bike, 2x10 run) but I just turned into a 1:30 ride to ride off a crappy attitude and some frustration. Covered a little over 26 miles in 1:27. Helped quite a bit and felt a little better about the world. Wasn't entirely comfortable the entire time, pushed my legs a bit.

Tuesday morning SHOULD have been a run - but I bailed. Thinking as I woke up that - with the weather really heating up at the end of this week, some other hard workouts planned and the long race, it would do me better to just go with the flow and save some energy.

Wednesday we did the "girl's ride" - all 4 of us were a little "less than zesty" at the beginning, but riding together always seems to help us feel better and get things out. W says riding with us has made her a better rider. That's a good thing.

Tonight's track workout could be the most interesting thing yet. T's in charge of coming up with the workout for tonight to shake things up...the current drizzly, wet weather makes me think it could be more painful than normal!! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment