Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

February 24, 2010

No fun

UTI = no fun. Stubborn mule + athletic tendencies to "ignore the pain" = no fun.

Combined....mucho no fun. My first infection of this sort, stopped by a minuteclinic to get the antibiotics ball rolling. It became quite clear that my body wasn't really interested in fighting this itself in a very short period of time. The nurse chick said after the test that it's a fairly significant infection...that probably due to the athleticism & stubbornness I waited longer than most would've. One of my lymph nodes is about 3x the size it should be, discovered last night mid-shower, and is EXTREMELY tender to the touch. My body is trying valiantly to fight but it's just leaving me wiped out - all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep more. I skipped swimming last night, though am hopeful to do an easy run and some core work tonight...we'll see what the day holds. I'm now going to go call ANOTHER doctor just to make sure the lymph node thing is normal. It makes sense to me given how the body fights infection, but wowza.....

So we'll see.

2 comments:

Brittaney said...

UTIs suck. I had one about 3 weeks ago. At my doctors visit, my doctor informed me that teachers are one of the most likely group of people to get bladder cancer (from holding our pee for so long)- nice. Anywho, better than kidney stones which is what Gavin has now. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

dyanna said...

Your blog is really interesting.I like very much.
Have a nice day.

Post a Comment