Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

February 18, 2010

I am a slacker. Rinse. Repeat.

I haven't necessarily been slacking on the workouts, but on the reporting of the workouts. There's just not been much momentous going on. Well, there really, really has been, but it's not necessarily been so with the workouts. I'm happy to say that, it means that things are progressing smoothly. I'm adding mileage slowly on my legs, the weights are helping bring the strength and balance up as well as the mileage and I'm not too terribly wiped out from all of it. I'm only struggling a bit with the balance of working out as much as I'd like to (if the weather would cooperate and the 'damnsnow' would go away this would be a bit easier) and still getting "normal" things accomplished in my life. That's a constant balance and I don't know that it'll go away (or be achieved) any time soon. Luckily, most of my friends are either just as athletic (so we get the QT over sweat-filled sessions of ______-insert sport here) or they're into the other things I am, namely beer and music or sports. So if I'm not participating in something, I'm hanging out with people drinking a couple beers, eating good food and/or watching something else. In all reality: it's a damn good life. (& the picture's just cute. Dogs from one of the OW swims last year @ Clearwater)


Other momentous developments - the C moved in, BIG changes there. Adjustments galore. Having another roommate, this one in a bit closer quarters, is a big adjustment regardless of where things go and who is going where. Repeat the above paragraph and it'll emphasize why I'm so lucky and happy that things are the way they are...this arrangement fits into the "all of the above" category. There's some irritation with the adjustment, but it's because I'm a quiet person (by and large) used to doing things my own way. Time, my friend...time.


There's some pain in these adjustments - not unexpected, but tough to deal with nonetheless - from wondering "what if". I'm not good at letting go and getting over things - anyone who's ever been on the wrong side of an argument with me knows this - but there's a careful balance of recognizing where I've been and what I've been through, acknowledging the person that was there with me then, who they are/were, acknowledging who I was then/now and where I am now. I hate having unanswered questions and I hate knowing what 'could've been'. Granted, I believe that 'what is' is better & the decisions feel right, but it still doesn't make it much easier. So, I admit there's still some pain, but it's less than the happiness. I'm owning my emotions, dealing with them so that I can let them go. The therapist would be proud of me...ha!


So life is darn good. I'm trying to stick with the routine of running 3x/wk - one of which being a long run currently built up to between 9-11. This is fairly on-target for the Pig, and only slightly shorter than desired for the NO 1/2 coming up next weekend. C & I running together, could be entertaining, could be a helluva good time. Hanging out in NO for the weekend with the boys & Mom (hopefully) & a couple of her friends, could be an entertaining mix, but the road trip and adventure should be fun. Swimming 2x/wk right now @ HP - the practices are hit/miss, but the ability is still there, it's nailing down some of the form changes (possibly due to body composition changes?) that's my challenge right now. I'd like to get back on my bike but the snow on the ground is really a turn-off there. Still going to stick with the weights once a week and a core session once or twice a week. I'd like to pick up the core work a little bit, possibly change up the leg routine slightly and add in a bit more arm/back work as well....we'll see. Re-read paragraph 1...that balance thing is the toughest of them all.


Happy days...

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

What?! You're going to New Orleans? So lucky! I'll be sticking around the house playing games and working on my new business (yes, you heard that right). Anywho, we definately need to catch up. Your schedule is probably more crazy than mine, so call me when you get a chance! Much love and have fun in the big easy!

Post a Comment