Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

October 14, 2009

China People

A person whose life I read constantly wrote this. I had to laugh out loud as I was reading it and I miss my family something fierce right now. I'm not a china person really, but I will inherit some. I will even have the silver at some point. But know what? I hope I'm not the person that leaves it locked behind the glass doors.

We use the china at Thanksgiving and probably once a trip home. The china comes out, and most of it usually survives. If it's lucky, it doesn't even get put in the dishwasher - for which Mom might kill us. I'm sure it's happened before though. We are not the china people that leave it locked up.

Life is meant to have pretty things, useful things, that can be lived. Wear the pearls, use the china, polish the silver (on occasion) and don't live your life just looking at the things you accumulate. Own your life, get it dirty, experience the fun stuff.

Besides, if you've never had to go to the Mikasa outlet or searched the internet searching for the pattern for replacement pieces that may have gotten dropped during a Thanksgiving dinner that involved wine, beer, family (though maybe not too much of the genetic kind) and a bit of rowdiness....do you really think you're having as much fun as possible?

I know where the dessert spoon is, but that doesn't mean it's big enough. Life is meant to be too big for the niceties, too happy for the white carpet to survive in the formal living room and too frivolous to be contained only in the things we can observe.

Live it. Own it. Use it. Otherwise, what FUN is it??

No comments:

Post a Comment