Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

September 13, 2013

The Courage to ask questions...

Excerpted from Racey Stacey's blog....

I find that a key to success that I credit is that I really depend on my ability to compartmentalize my thoughts as I run. I ask myself, in each event, “what can I control? And, what can I not control?”…that is how I decide who/what gets my head space.

A great example of that: I rarely thought about the heat in Death Valley during Badwater. It was actually way too hot for me to wrap my head around. It was ‘hot’ for everyone. So, if I gave it some of my head space-could I do anything about it? No. Could I change it? No. So I left that head space for things I could do something about.

Protect your headspace.
Choose your moments.
Then, they are yours.
These are your moments.
You trained for these moments.
You are sweating for these moments.
It’s between you and the pavement tomorrow.
Don’t allow negative thoughts the power in your head.
Don’t give negativity your headspace.
Stay positive!

Now, I can’t help but to come back to that same statement I started with: To me, running gives me questions-and I run because that is where I can find answers. Think of the questions that go through your head before a big mental, physical & emotional challenge like a race.

What are the questions you are looking to answer tomorrow?
You have 21.1k or 42.2 kilometres to find answers tomorrow.
And you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment