Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

November 5, 2010

"Home"

The relativity of the word home is currently perplexing me. All of my stuff is in one place (well ok, the VAST majority of my stuff...though oddly not a couple of my treasured kitchen items..but all the wine, so it counts.) & the dogs are here. Mom is here. Even my lawn mower & my Uggs are here. It's my bed, my dishes, my sofa, my television. Why is it so unerringly puzzing, then, that my "self" isn't feeling like I'm "home"?

Sure, it's where I'm laying my head & sleeping & I've finally started sleeping well. But it's not quite to the point where I walk in, drop my stuff, collapse to the floor & sigh yet while the dogs waller (scientific term) me. Maybe that just takes time....we'll see. I'm hoping so. We're settling in to the routine, if not the setting. I'm realizing each day the need for that damn fenced-in yard. But I kind of like walking with the dogs in the morning (though the evening walk is usually much more friendly & cooperative)...it's not terribly cold yet though.

Anyway....we're driving back to IN to start the clean-up on the other house tomorrow afternoon. I'm curious to see how I feel when I walk in there. If it's a comforting, wanna-sigh type feeling, I could be in trouble. Letting go of the past & starting over might prove to be more difficult than anticipated.

Guess we'll be patient & find out, right? (Not like there's an alternative....) Hoping I can dig out the bike(s), get the trainer set up and/or a Gemini membership lined up & get moving again soon. Started looking at races for next year & we all know how dangerous that is....

No comments:

Post a Comment