Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Vacation Fun

May 17, 2010

Dances with Dirt

Another freaking awesome day...first time it's rained. Great times with good friends. Had an awesome conversation with God somewhere in the middle of it, too. I so wish I could've had my camera with me - it wouldn't have survived (i barely did), but the pictures would have been amazing. Guess that makes it a more special memory. I'm totally wrecked - my legs from the knee up are shredded by thorns, from the knee down to my toes my muscles are traumatized. Hoping all is functional by this weekend for Terre Haute...A couple of brief moments:
The night before...I used to watch the world go by here on my way home from lifeguarding..
Pre-race...we're a LOT cleaner & drier than we were all day....Why yes, yes we are...we have the socks to prove it.This little guy was spotted after I finished a leg...hopping through a field.That little dot in the middle? Yeah, that's me, sliding sideways down that big-ass hill. I almost fell about a dozen times. Given the 20-30 people looking on (incl. the camera) & the preceeding 3 hours of rain, there was a lot of pressure! (Not to mention this was about mile 7..of that leg..mile 12 or 13 overall for me)Post-race, beer in hand, life is good. These people? That beer? That food? Those scratches? That mud? See those ankles? They are why I do these things....
We are the lucky that live as we can & push limits as are meant to be tested...for we see more than most & breathe like few imagine. Pity only upon those who don't dare to live life, see their dreams or experience the edges of comprehension.





No comments:

Post a Comment